You know you are raising a true military child(ren) when they hear the National Anthem and immediately stop what they are doing, place their right hand on their heart and stand perfectly still. Dave and I were catching the Dream Team's Metal ceremony and the boys'
heard the anthem, came running, stopped, hands on their heart and listened.
It was a proud parenting moment.
Even though we are off base, we can still hear the anthem at 5:30pm each evening. If we are indoors or out and Dalton hears it, he will tell everyone to get quiet, put your hand on your heart and stand still. I just love that boy! Truly we don't have to do this because we are off base, but who can resist when you have a five year old who is passionate and respectful for his country and the anthem.

3 comments:
So sweet! I'm glad you caputured the moment in a photo!
WOW-- THAT is so sweet!! That is something that I really miss about living/working near base. Alex has NEVER known that...never heard the jets his dad flies... the military is all kind of abstract to him.
I love it! I noticed at the park on Wednesday that your boys were the sharpest ones there, they stand at attention like no other children (maybe better than some grown-ups)!! Go Les and Dave...you taught them that :)
Post a Comment