Sunday, March 15, 2009

A long time coming.........a wordy update

As my boys run around in the house chasing each other, I am going to catch you up to date. Dave, the boys, and I are doing fine. We have almost survived our last winter in Korea. We can't wait for warmer weather.
Dave is looking forward to his last few days, 61 days to be exact (and yes we are counting) in command. He can't believe his tour here is coming to an end. His change of command will be May 15. His replacement is here and they will begin inventories in a few weeks. Dave has orders to Camp Shelby, Mississippi, where he will be the S-3 in charge of scheduling training for National Guard Units. He is very excited and looks forward to the upcoming challenges.
Dalton is still loving kindergarten. He is really coming along in his reading and writing skills. He is counting up to 75, counting by 2's to 20, by 5's 100, and by 10's to 100. He is so proud of himself. It's amazing how in just 7 weeks, he has just blossomed in so many academic areas. I am such a proud mom.
Dalton can sing the Korean National Anthem and knows many Korean words that he was taught in Korean Culture class. I always ask him what it means because some he is learning from Korean classmates. He attends Spanish classes daily, art, music, p.e. and Korean culture weekly. Dalton loves building things with Lego's, Lincoln logs, and blocks. He is very creative when it comes to his imagination. Even though he is a little skeptical, Dalton will begin tee ball in the spring.
Trenton is a ball of energy. He loves anything with wheels; bikes, hot wheels, Hum V's, and construction vehicles. He loves being outside, even when it is too cold and will occasionally go out in just his underwear. He is usually hot so when we enter a building, including home, he is taking off whatever he can get away with. We have had a few embarrassing moments with that.
Trenton is a very strong willed three year old. He knows what he wants and how he is going to get it. That can include stomping his foot or growling at the person getting in his way. Needless to say, he is spending a LOT of time in the corner. Bless his sweet spirit.
Trenton is enrolled in tumbling and loves going once a week. We both wish it was more often, as he asks every morning if today is tumbling. When we get to the states, we will try to find a gym to take gymnastics. Trenton has such a sweet spirit and is such a snuggler. He calls Dalton his "best friend" and it just melts my heart. Even though I question my sanity often, I am so glad they have one another.
I am into quite a bit. I attend exercise classes at the gym several times a week, the Family Readiness Group leader, but will be handing that over in a short time, explore down town Songtan, better known as the Ville with some super sweet ladies, attend bible study weekly, volunteer here and there, and am the MOPS registration coordinator. I have my hands in just a few pots. Some times it really stresses me out. I continue to work on Trenton's scrapbook album, which will eventually be caught up...Ha Ha
I am really looking forward to moving back to "the south" in a few months. We are excited about being closer to family and looking forward to weekend drives to visit relatives.
I can't forget one last member of our family, Caimen. Caimen is doing well. He will be flying to warmer weather before he knows it. I know he can't wait for daily walks again and playing in a grassy back yard. Trenton wants to cha cha so I better go. Love to all!

No comments: